A White Winter Baby Fennel and Celeriac Soup with Remoulade
- 2 Baby Fennel, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Celeriac, peeled and sliced
- 4 witlof stems, trimmed and sliced
- 8 witlof leaves, whole
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 600 ml pure cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup egg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan bring stock to the boil and add sliced witlof, fennel and celeriac. Simmer for around 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Add cream, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
- Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Keep warm.
- For remoulade, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve soup topped with fresh witlof leaves filled with remoulade.