Asian-Style Wasabi Stuffed Qukes® Baby Cucumbers
- 8 Qukes® Baby Cucumbers
- 250 ml green tea
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 green food colouring, Drop
- 1 titanium strength gelatine, 1 sheet titanium strength gelatine, soaked in cold water
- 100 grams Fresh salmon fillet, sliced finely
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 Pickled ginger, to serve
- 1/3 cup Light soy sauce, to serve
- Place tea, 1 tsp wasabi, salt and food colouring in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add drained gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Trim both ends of the Qukes® and use a short, fine bladed knife to hollow out the centres.
- Pour the jelly mix into a small flat-bottomed container to 1/2cm deep and stand the cucumbers upright in the container. Set remaining jelly liquid aside and refrigerate the Qukes® for about 30 minutes or until jelly is set.
- Pour the remaining jelly liquid into the hollowed Qukes® and return to the fridge for another 30 minutes or until jelly is set.
- Remove Qukes® from the container, discarding excess jelly. Slice Qukes® into rounds and serve with salmon sashimi, pickled ginger, light soy sauce and remaining wasabi.