Baby Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Nuts
- 1 kg Baby Brussels Sprouts, trimmed
- 150 grams bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 30 grams butter
- 75 grams dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp verjuice or balsamic vinegar
- Cook the baby Brussels sprouts in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3 minues or until golden.
- Add the butter and peanuts to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the butter melts. Stir in the Brussels sprouts and verjuice or vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts to serve.