Baby Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Garlic and Almonds
- 200 grams Baby Brussels Sprouts
- 4 slices lemon
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 60 ml extra virgin oil
- 100 grams whole almonds
- 50 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- Bring 1 litre of salted water to the boil. Cut a 3mm deep cross into the base of the Brussels sprouts and add to saucepan. Cook for 3-4 minutes till tender. Drain and plunge into iced water to cool. Drain.
- Heat 30ml oil in a frypan, add almonds and cook till golden. Remove from pan.
- Add breadcrumbs and garlic to frypan and cook till golden. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in frypan and add Brussels sprouts. Sauté till warm (approx 5 minutes), add lemon slices and juice and cook for a further minute.
- Add almonds and breadcrumbs and season well. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.