Baby Vegetables with Chestnuts and Herb Butter
- 1 Baby Brussels Sprouts, 300 grams
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 250 grams fresh chestnuts or 439g can whole chestnuts, drained
- 40 grams butter, softened
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put softened butter, parsley, garlic and lemon rind in bowl, season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon along a sheet of baking paper, roll to form a sausage about 10cm long.
- Chill until firm.
- If using fresh chestnuts, carefully cut a slit in the shell of each chestnut with a sharp knife. Simmer for 10 minutes, peel immediately.
- Cook carrots and Brussels sprouts for about 10 minutes in boiling salted water, or until tender, adding peeled chestnuts for final 5 minutes, and canned chestnuts for final 1 minute.
- Drain well. Serve topped with slices of herb butter.