Baked Globe Artichokes with Ham and Parmesan Stuffing
- 4 Globe Artichoke
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, fresh or dried
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 100 grams ham
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 continental parsley, Bunch,finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Remove outside leaves and stem from the artichoke and discard. Using a spoon, remove the choke (fibrous inner centre) and discard. Using scissors, trim remaining leaf tips to create a crown pattern.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add lemon half and artichokes. Simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and stand to cool.
- Combine breadcrumbs, 1 cup parmesan, ham, garlic, oregano, oil, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill centre of the artichokes and the open spaces between the outside leaves with breadcrumb mix. Place on a baking tray and bake at 160C for 35 minutes, until golden.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining parmesan.