Barbecue Chicken & Minicaps® Tostadas
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 chicken breast fillets, halved through the centre
- 175 grams baby vine sweet minicaps®baby capsicums, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 12 corn tortilla
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- to serve Coriander spring & lime wedges
- Combine olive oil, paprika and oregano in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Use a little to brush over both sides of each chicken breast. Cover and refrigerate chicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove the seeds and membrane from the mini caps, then slice on diagonal. Add mini caps and onion to the oil mixture and toss to coat. Use a 7cm scone cutter to cut 3 circles from each corn tortillas.
- Preheat barbecue plate on high until hot then reduce heat to medium-high. Barbecue tortilla rounds 1-2 minutes each side until light golden.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Add the chicken to the hot barbecue, cook 4 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove to a board, set aside 5 minutes to rest.
- Add the Minicaps® and onions to the barbecue, cook, tossing often 3-5 minutes until tender. Return to the bowl. Thinly slice the chicken across the grain and add to the mini caps, toss to combine.
- Dollop avocado onto each tortilla. Top with mini cap chicken mixture and coriander. Serve with lime.