BLISTERED TOMA’MUSE™ WITH HUMMUS AND POACHED EGG
- 2 x 200g Toma'muse™ Tomatoes
- 4 Eggs
- 3 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Oregano sprigs
- 6 small Lebanese or flat bread rounds, toasted (see tip)
- 250g Hummus
- Dollop Sriracha sauce, to serve
- To poach eggs, bring a medium sized saucepan to the simmer, add a little white vinegar. Your water should be just bubbling gently, stir the water. Crack 1 egg at a time into a small dish and slide into the simmering water. Stir gently to create a whirlpool. Simmer the egg for 5-6 minutes for a soft egg. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add the oil, chilli flakes and tomatoes. Cook, shaking the pan often for 3 minutes. Add the oregano and cook, shaking the pan often for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes are blistered.
- Spread the toasted bread with hummus then cut two in half. Place 1 1/2 slices bread on serving plates. Spoon over the tomatoes. Top with egg. Drizzle with Sriracha. Serve.