Blueberry, Carrot & Coconut Loaf
- 200g Blueberries, Eureka Blues
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1cup Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven 170°C fan forced. Grease and line 6cm deep, 10cmx21cm (base) loaf pan. Sift the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a bowl, add the husks in the sieve back into the bowl with flour mixture. Stir in the sugar and coconut. Add the coconut milk, egg and carrot and stir gently to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand 10 minutes in pan before turning onto a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, slice and serve as is or toasted.