BLUEBERRY VANILLA BEAN JAM
|makes 1 cup
- 2 punnets Blueberries
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- to serve crumpets, toast, or english muffins
- Tumble the blueberries into a medium (about 22cm diameter) non-stick frying pan. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Bring the water to boil over medium-high heat, allow to simmer for 2 minutes until blueberries start to soften.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean, add the seeds, bean halves, sugar and lemon juice to the blueberries. Bring to the boil for 7-8 minutes or until jam thickens, it should still be runny (see tip). Remove the bean halves and discard.
- Spoon the hot jam into hot sterilized jars. Seal and cool. Once opened, store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Serve over crumpets, toast, English muffins, yoghurt, ice-cream or scones.