Broccolini®, Bacon & Egg Hash
- 1 bunch Broccolini®, chopped
- 1 Eggplant, chopped
- 400 grams baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 red capsicum, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 400 grams tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- to serve Chopped flat leaf parsley & toasted sour dough
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until just tender. Drain well. Cool for 5 minutes then press down on potatoes to squash them slightly.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli, cook for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Add bacon and potatoes, cook, stirring further 5 minutes. Stir in the spices, cook 1 minute.
- Add the Broccolini®, capsicum and eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes or until eggplant softens. Add the tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil. Simmer, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Season well.
- Using a spoon make 4 indentations in the sauce. Crack an egg into each indentation. Cover with a sheet baking paper then tightly with foil. Cook for 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Scatter over the parsley, serve with toasted bread.