Broccolini® Green Buddha Bowl
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 8 Qukes® baby cucumbers, sliced lengthways
- 200g snow peas, topped
- 1/2 cup whole green lentils, rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 avocado, quatered, chopped
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil,
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar,
- 1 tsp dijon mustard,
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar,
- 2 tbs thyme leaves,
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the Broccolini® and snow peas. Cook for 1 minute. Remove to a sieve with a slotted spoon. Refresh under cold water. Drain well. Return the water to the boil, add the lentils, and boil gently for 20 minutes, skimming the water with a slotted spoon as required. Drain then refresh in cold water and drain again. Transfer the lentils to a bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season then whisk until well combined. Spoon 2 tablespoons of dressing over the lentils. Stir to coat then set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a deep, saucepan of water to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Crack 1 egg onto a saucer and slide the egg into the water. Repeat with a second egg. As the white sets, use a spoon to stir the water to make a whirlpool. Cook for 4 minutes for a soft yolk or until cooked to your liking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Spoon the lentils over the base of 4 shallow bowls. Divide the Broccolini®, Qukes®, snow peas, combined spinach and parsley leaves, zucchini strips and avocado and among the bowls. Top each with a poached egg. Spoon the remaining dressing over the salads. Season, then serve.
- If you do not have the time to cook lentils, replace the green lentils with a well rinsed can of brown lentils or chickpeas.
- Buddha Bowls are the ‘it’ salad for 2017. They contain protein, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds and dressing.