BROCCOLINI® HAM CHEESE MUFFIN TREES
- 2 bunches Broccolini®
- 2 cups self-raising flour, siftted
- 2 tbs coconut or raw sugar
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 green shallots, finely chopped
- 100g ham, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- to serve Extra finely grated cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole (1/2 cup-capacity) muffin pan.
- Drop 12 Broccolini® into a saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook for 2 minutes, until bright green and just tender. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel. Cut them in half crossways, set the flower ends aside. Finely chop 4-6 stems, you need 1/4 cup, set the rest aside (see tip).
- Combine the flour, sugar, carrot, zucchini, shallots, ham, cheese and chopped Broccolini® stems in a large bowl. Whisk eggs, oil and milk together, season with salt and pepper. Add to ham mixture, stir gently to combine. Divide evenly among muffin holes. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Carefully make a hole in the centre of each muffin using end of wooden spoon. Insert the Broccolini® and sprinkle with extra cheese. Serve.
- The trimmed stems are great roughly chopped and added to stir fries, soups or casseroles. Keep them in a snap lock bag in the crisper section of the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- This recipe will make 12