Broccolini® Hazelnut Cake
- 1 Broccolini®, bunch
- 1 Apple, peeled, grated
- 120 grams roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven 170°C fan forced. Grease and line base and sides 7cm deep, 11x21cm (base) loaf pan. Place Broccolini® into a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add apple and hazelnuts.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk brown sugar, eggs and oil on high speed until thick and pale. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon together over the oil mixture and gently fold into the mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the Broccolini® mixture. Spread mixture into cake pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes in the pan then lift onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the icing sugar and beat until thick. Spread over the top of the cake. Scatter over the hazelnuts. Serve