Broccolini® & Salmon Salad
- 4 Qukes® Baby Cucumbers, sliced diagonally
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 x 375g pieces salmon fillet, skinned, pin-boned
- 450g packet microwaveable rice and quinoa
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Combine the sesame seeds, green onion, sesame oil, sugar, soy and vinegar in a small jug. Put the salmon onto a plate and spoon over 1 ½ tablespoons of dressing, turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge 10 minutes.
- Drop the Broccolini® into a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook for 1 minute. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well, pat dry then chop. Warm the rice and quinoa following packet directions. Transfer to a platter or bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat until hot, add oil, swirl to coat pan. Cook salmon, for 2 minutes, turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Reduce heat and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium or cook to your liking, remove to a plate, stand for 5 minutes then break into pieces.
- Add the Broccolini®, Qukes®, coriander, bean sprouts and chilli to the rice. Gently stir through the salmon. Serve with remaining dressing and lime wedges to taste