Broccolini® Summer Mexican Salad
- 1 bunch Broccolini®, washed
- 1 bunch Baby Cos Heart, leaves separated
- 3 flour tortillas
- olive oil spray
- 2 fresh corn cobs
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 425g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno, drained, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil,
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp honey,
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. With water clinging to Broccolini®, place into a snap lock bag in a single layer. Microwave for 1 minute on High/100%. Carefully drain. Cut tortillas into strips. Spread over a large oven tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool, they will become crisp on cooling.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue plate on medium high. Spray the Broccolini® and corn with oil. Barbecue the Broccolini® for 3-4 minutes, turning until tender. Remove to a board. Barbecue the corn, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until lightly charred. Roughly chop the Broccolini® and cut corn from the cobs.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Just before serving, combine the Broccolini®, corn, carrot, avocado, black beans, jalapeno and coriander in a large bowl.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Spoon over the salad mixture. Drizzle with dressing. Top with tortilla strips. Serve.