BROCCOLINI® WITH KATZU BEEF
- 1 bunch Broccolini®
- 1 bunch baby carrots, scrubbed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 large beef minute steaks
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- to serve kewpie mayonnaise & steamed sushi rice
- 1/2 cup toamto suace,
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce,
- 1 tbs soy sauce,
- 1 tbs mirin,
- 1 tbs caster sugar,
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard,
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder,
- To make the katsu sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat for 4 minutes until sauce just comes to simmer, simmer for 2 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced. Combine the Broccolini® and carrots in a roasting pan, drizzle with oil and season. Roast for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender and light golden.
- Meanwhile, spoon flour onto a plate. Whisk eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Combine the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds on a plate. Dip the beef into the flour, egg, then into the sesame crumbs. Pressing crumbs on with fingertips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes if time permits.
- Cover the base of a large frying pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat. Cook the beef for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Place beef onto a large plate or board, top with Broccolini® and carrots. Drizzle with katsu sauce and mayonnaise. Serve with rice.