CALYPSO® MANGO AND MACADAMIA GLAZED HAM
- 4 Calypso® Mangoes, chopped
- 6 green Shallots, chopped
- 1 cup white sugar
- 100ml raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- 7-8kg ham on the bone
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- to garnish Sliced Calypso® mangoes & watercress
- Combine the mango, shallots, sugar and vinegar in a non-stick frying pan. Bring to the boil, stirring often over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Boil gently for 10 minutes until reduced and thickened. Stir in the chipotle and salt. Set aside to cool. Mash a little with a potato masher to break down some of the mango. (Makes 2 ¾ cups)
- Move the oven shelf to the lowest position, removing all other shelves. Preheat to 150°C fan forced. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- Remove the rind from the ham. Score the ham crossways at 1cm intervals, making sure you cut no deeper than 5mm. Place the ham into the roasting pan.
- Combine 1 ½ cups of mango chutney and mustard. Stir in the macadamia nuts. Spoon the mixture over the surface of the ham. Bake for 1 ½ hours, spooning the glaze and pan juices over the ham every 30 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200°C fan forced and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve hot or at room temperature with remaining mango chutney.