CALYPSO® MANGO TARTE TARTIN WITH COCONUT ICE CREAM
|30 + freezing time MINS
- 2 Calypso® Mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 25g unsalted butter
- 25g soft brown butter
- 3 tbs soft brown sugar
- 1 sheet ready puff pastry
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 x 375g tin's sweetened condensed milk
- 50g coconut milk powder
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- Make the ice cream the day before by scraping the seeds from the vanilla pod into a large bowl and combining with the condensed milk, coconut milk powder.
- Then stir in the cream and transfer to a plastic container to freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Using a 25cm tarte tatin tin or an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the sugar.
- Place the mango slices into the pan, in a circular pattern. Increase the heat, fry for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan gently, so that the mango is coated and starting to caramelise. Remove from heat.
- Cut the pastry into a 25cm circle. Place on top of the mango slices. Press down lightly and tuck in the edges around the mangoes.
- Cook on the centre shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry has risen and is golden in colour.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a serving plate. Zest the lime over the tarte tartin.
- Cut into portions and top each portion with the coconut ice cream.