- 8 (about 750g) heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 buffalo mozzarella, drained
- toasted crostini, to serve
olive & pine nut dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil,
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar,
- 1 tsp caster sugar,
- 8 kalamata olives, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbs pine nuts, toasted, chopped
- Wash and dry tomatoes. Working with 1 tomato at a time, thickly slice tomato. Season each slice with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place slices back on top of each other to reform each tomato as a whole.
- For the dressing, whisk oil, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper together until well combined. Stir in the olives and pine nuts.
- Scatter the basil over 4 serving plates. Tear mozzarella in half and arrange on serving plates with tomatoes. Spoon over the dressing and serve with crostini.