Chicken Caesar salad jars
- 250g Qukes® Baby Cucumbers, sliced
- 250g Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch coloured dutch carrots*, trimmed, scrubbed, halved lengthways
- 1 green baby cos, trimmed
- 1 red baby cos, trimmed
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 dijon mustard
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 60g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 180°C, fan forced. Brush chicken with a little amount of olive oil and season. Heat a frying pan or barbecue plate over medium-high until hot. Add chicken, cook each side for 3 minutes. Remove to an oven tray and transfer to the oven. Roast for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes then thinly slice.
- Add the garlic to the remaining oil then brush over both sides of sliced bread. Put bread onto oven tray in a single layer and bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring to centre the egg yolk. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 4 minutes. Refresh under cold water. Peel and slice the eggs. Roughly chop 6 green and 6 red baby cos leaves.
- Whisk dressing, mustard and olive oil together. Season. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of dressing into the base of each jar. Divide the carrots, tomatoes, qukes® baby cucumbers, cos, egg, chicken and parmesan into six portions, then layer them into the jars. Secure the lid. Keep in the fridge for up to 6 hours. Serve with croutons and extra parmesan if desired.
- If you don’t want to make the salad in the jars, simply toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Spoon over the dressing them scatter over the croutons to serve.
- *Hatters Coloured carrots available at Coles or Purple Dutch Carrots/Orange Dutch Carrots available in your favourite store