Confit Sweet Solanato™ tomatoes
- 3 x 200g Sweet Solanato™ Tomatoes, washed, dried
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, sliced
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 500ml extra virgin olive oil
- 500g halloumi
- red wine vinegar, to serve
- fresh thyme, to serve
- toasted baguette slices, to serve
- Preheat the oven at 120°C, fan forced. Place the tomatoes in a baking dish so they all sit snuggly in a single layer. Garnish with garlic, thyme, seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour over enough olive oil to completely cover the tomatoes. Cook slowly for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the oil.
- Once cool carefully spoon into clean sterilized jars, adding enough oil to cover the tomatoes. Secure the lids and store in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Cut halloumi into 1cm-thick slices. Brush both sides with some of the cooking oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Cook halloumi, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Roughly chop.
- To serve, allow the tomatoes to settle to room temperature (oil should return to clear). Divide the halloumi on base of 12 small bowls. Top with 3-4 confit tomatoes. Drizzle with a little vinegar and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve with baguette.
- Spread toasted sour dough bread with feta and top with smashed confit tomatoes.
- Toss freshly cooked spaghetti with confit tomatoes, grated parmesan and lots fresh basil.
- Brush pizza bases with a little oil, top with confit tomatoes, grated mozzarella and parmesan. Cook then scatter with fresh basil to serve.
- Toss confit tomatoes with shredded rocket, toasted walnuts and chunky soft blue cheese for a quick and easy salad.