Easy Qukes® baby cucumber Kimchi
- 2 x 250g Qukes® Baby Cucumbers
- 2 tbs sea salt flakes, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 2 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 bunch chives, cut into 1cm lengths
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- Wash Qukes® then pat dry with paper towel. Cut Qukes® in half lengthways and place cut side up on a plate. Sprinkle the cut side of Qukes® with salt. Set aside for at least 1 hour, or until they begin to soften. Pat dry with paper towel. Do not rinse the Qukes®.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in clean bowl. Add the Qukes® and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Alternately pack into glass jars. Refrigerate up to 4 days.
- Try tossing it with shredded cabbage and carrot and adding to tacos, burgers or sandwiches.
- Kimchi is delicious chopped and stirred through fried rice just before serving
- Add to soba noodle salad
- Serve with chargrilled salmon and tzatziki
- Pile onto crusty bread spread with labne or thick yoghurt