- 4 Eggplant, firm and not too big (depending on size)
- 200 grams best, home-made, tomato sauce
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 cup grated parmesan or grana cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Olive oil for frying
- Slice the eggplants about 1cm thick.
- Fry in olive oil until light brown, and pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Set oven at 180°C.
- Place the fried eggplants on a baking tray, lightly salt, top with a leaf of basil, some parmesan, the mozzarella, and a dollop of tomato sauce.
- Bake in the oven for a few minutes until the mozzarella is well melted.
- Eat hot or cold. Better the day after.10