Five Spice Duck Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- 1 Pomegranates
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 duck breast fillets, (about 900g in total) with skin
- 3 cups watercress sprigs Or 100g Asian salad mix
- 1 cup bean sprouts, tailed
- 1 medium carrot, finely sliced
- 8 snowpeas, sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 tsp five spice powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut pomegranate in half, removing seeds from half. Juice the other half with a juicer to get 50ml juice.
- Mix juice with oil, soy, garlic, and rice vinegar.
- Score duck skin with a sharp knife. Combine five spice powder and honey and rub over both sides of the duck.
- Cook duck in a lightly oiled non stick fry pan over medium heat. Cook each side for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Place duck onto baking tray and cook in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until just cooked.
- In the meantime, toss together salad ingredients. Slice duck into pieces, toss dressing through.
- Serve on plates, and scatter pomegranate seeds over.