FRESH BLUEBERRY & LYCHEE COCKTAIL
|5 + 240 freezing MINS
- 565g can lychees
- 160ml blueberry cordial
- 120ml gin, vodka or rum
- 1 lime, juiced
- egg white and blue jelly crystals, to decorate
- extra Perfection Blueberries & edible flowers, to seve
fresh blueberry cordial
- 3 x 125g Perfection Blueberries,
- 1 1/2 cups water,
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar,
- 2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp tartaric acid,
- For the cordial; combine water and sugar in a saucepan, stir constantly over medium heat without boiling, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes without stirring. Add the lemon juice and blueberries, simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the tartaric acid. Set aside to cool. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Strain, discarding the skins and refrigerate until cold. Once cold, pour into a clean sterilized jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- For the cocktail, pour the lychee and the syrup from the can into a snap lock bag and freeze for 4 hours until frozen.
- Dip the edge of 4 cocktail glasses into egg white then dip in jelly crystals. Place the glasses into the freezer for 5 minutes. Add 160ml of blueberry cordial, gin, lime juice and frozen lychee and syrup into a blender. Blend until well combined. Divide between 4 martini glasses. Top with extra blueberries and edible flowers. Serve immediately.
- Kid friendly serving suggestion: Mix 1 tbs cordial with water, soda water, lemonade, ginger beer or lemon lime and bitters.
- More adult friendly serving suggestions: Combine 1 tbs syrup with vodka, lime and soda; Combine 1 tbs syrup with gin, lemon and tonic or combine 1 tbs syrup with sparkling wine.
- The cordial will thicken once stored in the fridge due to its high natural pectin content, once blended or stirred with mixers it will dissolve beautifully.