GRAPE KUMATO® ROCKET AND WALNUT PESTO PASTA
- 2 x 200g Grape Kumato® Tomatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 long green chilli, seeds in, finely chopped
- 100g green Sicilian olives
- 400g pappardelle
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- basil leaves, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Scatter the Kumatoes® over the base of a roasting pan. Combine the oil and chili, season. Pour over the Kumatoes® and shake to coat. Roast for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, squash the olives with the palm of your hand and remove the seeds. Add the olives to the Kumatoes® and roast for a further 5 minutes or until Kumatoes® are tender but hold their shape.
- To make the pesto, place the rocket, basil, walnuts and garlic in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. While the motor is running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until combined. Remove to a bowl, stir in the parmesan and season.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well, reserving ¼ cup pasta water. Return the pasta to the pan and add the pesto. Gently toss to combine. Stir in the Kumatoes® and olives. Divide among serving plates. Serve topped with parmesan, basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil.