Grilled Witlof Stuffed with Goat’s Cheese, Winter Lettuce, Ginger and Sesame
- 1 Baby Endive Lettuce, sliced
- 2 witlof, halved
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 100 grams soft goat's cheese
- 100 ml fresh orange juice
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 walnuts, halved
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on baking tray and lightly roast in 180°C oven, about 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan bring orange juice and ginger to the boil. Simmer till syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove centres from the witlof and slice finely, reserve outer leaves.
- Heat 30ml oil in a pan and fry sliced witlof, Treviso™ radicchio and baby endive till soft. Cool and add goat's cheese and reduced orange juice. Mix well.
- Divide mixture between four witlof halves, sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with honey. Place on a baking sheet and grill till warm and caramelised, about 3 minutes.
- Serve each topped with walnut half.