Heart Smart Veal Leg Steaks with Turkish Cous Cous
- 1 Eggplant, diced
- 1 Treviso™ radicchio lettuce, inner leaves shredded
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Capsicum, seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1 medium gold zucchini, diced
- 1 medium green zucchini, diced
- 200 grams cous cous
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 100 grams snacking dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic Italian dressing
- 4 heart smart veal leg steaks (about 500g), halved if large
- Cook the cous cous according to the packet instructions and place in a serving bowl.
- Dry-fry the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over high heat until golden, shaking the pan regularly to prevent them burning. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over high heat and fry the eggplant until golden, stirring regularly. Set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- Add 1 tbsp more oil to the pan (if needed) and fry the zucchini and capsicum until softened. Stir into the couscous with the eggplant. Then add the Treviso™ radicchio, tomatoes, dates and pine nuts and stir in the dressing.
- Chargrill the veal leg steaks for about 2 minutes on each side (or until cooked to your liking) and serve accompanied by the cous cous.