Italian Vegetable Soup
- 1 Leek, cleaned and sliced
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 2 white or gold zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 75 sliced pancetta, chopped (optional)
- 1.25 ltr chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 400 grams
- 1 can cannellini beans, 400 grams, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), bunch, shredded
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 3 tbsp olive fusion green tapenade
- Heat oil in large saucepan and add onion, pancetta and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes without browning. Add leeks and zucchini. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), season with salt and pepper, simmer for further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into squares about 4 cm and toast. Spread each one with tapenade. Serve on top of soup.