Japanese Omelette with Wasabi Mayonnaise and Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 3 eggs
- 30 grams butter
- 100 ml egg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 6 Red basil leaves, To garnish
- 1/4 tsp salt, pinch
- Whisk eggs with 30ml water and a pinch of salt.
- Melt butter in a non-stick fry pan and pour in 1/3 of egg mix. Tip pan to distribute egg thinly across the pan. When set, turn onto a plate.
- Repeat so there are three omelettes. Stand to cool.
- Combine mayonnaise and wasabi and mix well. Lightly spread mix on each omelette, reserving 50ml.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on bench. Layer omelettes on top.
- Place tomatoes down the centre of the omelette, reserving 12 halves, and using the plastic wrap, roll into a sausage shape. Chill for 45 minutes.
- Leaving plastic wrap in place, slice into 12 rounds. Then remove plastic.
- To serve, drizzle each slice with wasabi mayonnaise, top with a halved grape tomato and red basil leaves.