Kumato® with Haloumi
- 4 Kumato® Tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 small flat-bread or pita
- 2* 250 grams haloumi
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tsp virgin olive oil & lemon, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Combine 1 tablespoon oil and garlic in a bowl, brush over both sides of the bread. Place onto a baking tray and cook 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Slice each piece haloumi into four. Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the remaining oil and cook the haloumi in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining haloumi.
- Divide the kumatoes and haloumi between serving plates, scatter over the mint and pine nuts. Season with freshly ground black pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with plenty lemon.