Lemon & Fetta Stuffed Kumato® Tomatoes
- 2 Kumato® Tomatoes, 500 grams
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 grams lamb mince
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- 50 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- to serve Tzatziki & crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to high. Add the mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add lemon rind, 1 tbs lemon juice, half the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until lemon has almost been absorbed.
- Cut the tops off the kumatos and carefully scoop out the flesh. Spoon mince mixture into kumatos and place into a lightly greased roasting pan. Combine the feta and remaining thyme and sprinkle over the lamb mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until kumatos are warm and top light golden. Serve with tzatziki & crusty bread.