Lentil and Tuscan Spinach Patties with Capsicum, Tomato and Olive Sauce
- 175 grams Minicaps® baby capsicums, deseeded, and sliced
- 175 grams bunch Tuscan kale (cavolo nero), finely shredded
- 500 grams kumara potatoes, peeled, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 * 400 grams cans brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup oil, pan fry
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 truss tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 8 kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Bring some water to the boil in a medium saucepan and cook kumara for 15 minutes, or until softened when tested.
- Drain well, and roughly mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium heat, add oil and cook the onion and Tuscan kale (cavolo nero) for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the Tuscan cabbage mixture and canned lentils to the kumara, season to taste. Divide mixture into 8 patties and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Chill patties for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Heat extra oil in saucepan, and cook the capsicums for 3 minutes, add garlic and tomatoes and stir for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, sugar, capers, and olives and cook for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Season well, and add parsley.
- In a non-stick pan, fry patties in sunflower oil for about seven minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve sauce over lentil patties. Serve with salad if desired.