MINICAPS® BABY CAPSICUMS PEPERONATA PASTA
- 2 x 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums
- 200g Tomato Medley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley , chopped
- 400g fettuccine
- to serve lemon wedges
- Roughly chop the Minicaps®, removing any seeds. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add Minicaps®, shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring often for 20 minutes or until softened. Add the tomatoes and sugar. Cook, shaking the pan for 4 minutes until tomatoes start to soften.
- Remove from the heat, add the vinegar, remaining oil and parsley. Season well.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following the packet directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup pasta water. Add the pasta to the peperonata, toss gently, adding pasta water to adjust the consistency. Divide amongst 4 serving plates. Serve with lemon wedges.