ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH BELLO ROSSO® BABY ROMA TOMATOES & GREEN JALAPENO SAUCE
- 2x 250g Bello Rosso® Baby Roma Tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 Drained pickled jalapeno
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Caster sugar
- 1 Lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 cup Flat parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Extra virgin olive oil
- 500g Orecchiette pasta
- 50g dry roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Baby parsley leaves, to serve
- Combine the garlic, jalapeno, cumin, sugar, lemon rind and herbs in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add 1/4 cup of the oil and process until well combined. Remove to a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the Bello Rosso® tomatoes and season well. Cook, shaking pan for 3-4 minutes or until they start to soften and colour.
- Drain the pasta reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pan and add the Bello Rosso® tomatoes and jalapeno sauce with a little of the pasta water. Stir gently until pasta is well coated, adding more pasta water if required. Stir in the almonds.
- Divide the pasta between serving plates, top with herbs and serve.