Pasta with Broccolini®
- 1 Broccolini®, bunch, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Baby Cos Heart
- 1/2 Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 50 grams currants
- 150 ml white wine
- 410 grams can tomatoes
- 300 grams pasta
- 75 grams grated parmesan
- 1 baby endive
- 1 witlof
- 1 Italian dressing
- Cook the Broccolini® and broccoflower or cauliflower in boiling, salted water for about 3 minutes. Drain, reserving the water.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over low-medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softened. Add the pine nuts and currants and cook for about 5 minutes or until the pine nuts are golden, being careful not to burn the onion.
- Add the wine and 100ml of the reserved cooking water and boil until reduced slightly. Add the cooked vegetables and the tomatoes and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet directions. Drain then toss the sauce through the pasta with most of the grated parmesan, reserving a little for sprinkling on top.
- Combine the salad leaves and drizzle with Italian dressing.