Penang Mushroom and Beef Curry
- 300 grams Flat Mushrooms, trimmed & thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 500 grams beef fillet or sirloin steak, cut across the grain into 1cm-thick slices
- 1/4 cup Penang curry paste
- 300 ml can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- roughly chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, 1/4 cup
- 1 cup Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tbs oil and heat until hot. Add 1/2 the beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove to a plate, cover loosely with foil and keep warm. Repeat using the remaining oil and beef.
- Add the curry paste to the wok and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the beef and stir to coat in the curry paste.
- Add the coconut cream and mushrooms to the wok. Stir to combine and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the capsicum and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- To serve, spoon the curry into serving bowls and top with the coriander leaves and chopped roasted peanuts. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.