Polenta with Grape Tomatoes, Bocconcini and Pesto
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 100 grams instant polenta
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- sliced into 24 pieces bocconcini, 100 grams
- 60 ml pre-made basil pesto
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and water to the boil. Add polenta and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan and butter.
- Grease a baking tray and pour in polenta. Spread to a rectangle 12cm x 18cm and approximately 5mm thick. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into 3cm diameter circles and char-grill briefly on both sides till lightly browned.
- Top each round with bocconcini slice, halved grape tomato and a drizzle of pesto. Secure with a cocktail pick to serve.