POM Wonderful Banana Freeze
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 4 plastic freezer cups
- 4 plastic spoons
- Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top.
- Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
- Prepare simple syrup.**
- Put all ingredients except the arils in a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in arils.
- Divide mixture evenly among the cups and freeze slightly. Insert a plastic spoon into the centre of each cup to be used as a stick. Freeze until solid.