POM Wonderful-Glazed Lamb Chops on White Beans
- 2 Pomegranates, Juice
- 1 cup Pomegranates
- 1 Pomegranates, arils for garnish
- 8 lamb chops, 2.5cm thick
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 425 grams white navy beans or cannelloni beans, cooked
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Prepare garnish - Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water.
- Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs).
- The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top.
- Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside.
- (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
- Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- Add lamb chops, rosemary, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brown very quickly on high heat turning once, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chops from the pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add pomegranate juice to pan and reduce by one third.
- Return lamb chops to the pan and turn over to glaze.
- Hold and keep hot until serving.
- In a separate pan add 1 tsp oil and crushed garlic, stir until aromatic.
- Add chopped, drained tomatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until all juices have reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and basil; cook over medium low heat until juice has thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve 1/2 cup beans with lamb chops on top and sprinkle with arils and more chopped basil.