Pomegranate Jelly with Orange and Mint Salad
- 4 Pomegranates, large
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 20 grams powdered gelatine
- Scoop arils from 3 pomegranates into a sieve over a bowl. Use the back of a kitchen spoon to press out the juice. Transfer solids to another bowl and add 100ml water. Mix well and repeat the pressing process into the bowl containing the already extracted juice.
- Discard what solids are left. Strain juice through a fine sieve into a measuring jug.
- Add water to the juice so there is a total of 600ml of liquid. Pour into a non-reactive saucepan and add sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatine and stir until dissolved.
- Divide jelly between 4 moulds and refrigerate overnight to set.
- To serve, combine orange segments and mint. Scoop arils from remaining pomegranate.
- Dip jelly moulds very briefly in hot water and turn out onto plates. Garnish with orange and mint salad and sprinkle with arils.30