Quick Pickled Qukes® baby cucumbers
- 2 x 250g Qukes® Baby Cucumbers
- 2 tbs chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tbs yellow mustard seeds
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- To make pickling liquid, heat the coriander and mustard seeds in a small frying pan over a medium to high heat for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to a plate.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Transfer to a medium heatproof jug. Stir in seeds and chilli flakes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut Qukes® in half lengthways. Divide between two sterilised jars (500ml capacity). Add 1 tablespoon dill to each jar. Pour over cooled pickling liquid. Seal tightly with lid. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. Pickled Qukes® are best eaten within 3 days.
- Serve on a toasted corned beef, cheese and chutney salad sandwich
- Serve on a cheese plate with pate, fig paste and muscatels