Raspberries with Macadamia Shortbread
- 3 x 125g Perfection Perfection Raspberries
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- to serve Frozen yoghurt or ice cream
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts,
- 1/3 cup pure icing sugar,
- 2/3 cup plain flour,
- 2 tbs cornflour,
- 100 grams butter, chopped
- For the shortbread; Put macadamia nuts into a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add sugar and flours, pulse to combine. Add butter and process until dough just comes together. Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 1/2 cm thick. Chill if necessary.
- Using a star shape, cut shapes from dough. Re-roll unused dough and repeat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Toss the raspberries and caster sugar together in a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced. Bake shortbread, for 15 minutes. Spoon raspberries and sugar mixture into 20cm (base) pie dish.
- Put into oven under the shortbread and bake for 5 minutes until raspberries warm, but still hold their shape and shortbread is golden around the edges. Remove both from the oven. Stand 5 minutes.
- Arrange the shortbread stars over the raspberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve with frozen yoghurt or ice cream.