Roasted Bello Rosso® Truss Baby Roma Tomatoes with Bocconcini Salad
- 2 Bello Rosso® Baby Roma Tomatoes, 250g packets
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1/4 tsp Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300 grams bocconcini, sliced
- 100 grams Handful basil leaves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 medium baguette, (about 35cm long), halved legthways and horizontally
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Put the tomatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes until starting to soften, but not collapsed.
- Meanwhile, arrange the bocconcini attractively on a plate, nestling basil leaves in between the slices. Scatter the capers over the top.
- Combine the remaining 4 tbsp of oil with the balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or char-grill pan to hot and toast the baguette pieces on both sides until golden. Drizzle the cut side with oil and rub with garlic.
- Top the baguette pieces with the tomatoes
- and serve alongside the bocconcini salad. Drizzle the tomatoes and the bocconcini salad with the dressing and serve.