Roasted Mushrooms, Tomato and Cashew Salad
- 800 grams Button Mushrooms, trimmed
- 180 grams semi dried tomatoes
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Place a large roasting pan in the oven then preheat oven and pan to 220°C fan forced. Add the mushrooms to the hot pan. Add thyme and drizzle over 2 tbsp of the olive oil, shake the pan to coat all the mushrooms. Roast mushrooms for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and the cashews, cook, shaking the pan for 3-4 minutes until cashews are light golden. Add the honey and sesame seeds, toss gently to coat.
- Remove cashews to a tray lined with baking paper to cool.
- Add the cashews, tomatoes and spinach to the mushrooms. Combine the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar, shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the mushroom salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with roast turkey, pork or ham.