Salted caramel Calypso® Mango Ice Cream Cake
- 5 Calypso® Mangoes
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 80g butter, chilled and chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 x 135g packet Werthers chewy toffees, unwrapped
- 2 tsp salt flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Combine the flour and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar and ½ cup of the macadamia nuts, process until crumble forms clumps. Spread out on a baking tray, bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the quick salted caramel, pour the cream into small saucepan, add the caramels. Stir over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until cream comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir until caramels have melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in the salt. Set aside to cool.
- Line the base and sides of a 4cm deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) baking dish with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long sides. Scatter the crumble over the base of the pan to cover.
- Peel 3 of the mangoes. Chop the fruit. Swirl chopped mango, remaining macadamia nuts and ¾ cup salted caramel through the ice cream. Spoon over the crumble base. Smooth the surface. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Peel and chop the remaining 2 mangoes, spoon over the ice cream. Cut into pieces and serve drizzled with remaining salted caramel.