Sicilian Grape Kumato® Salad
- 175g Minicaps® baby capsicums, halved and seeds removed
- 1 Eggplant, sliced into dials
- 250g Grape Kumato® Tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Sea-salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Sicilian green olives, pitted
- 2 tbs capers, chopped
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- Chargrilled sourdough, to serve
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar,
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tsp caster sugar,
- Preheat a barbeque grill or chargrill on high. Combine the oil, garlic and salt and pepper and use to brush over both sides eggplant and capsicum. Barbecue the vegetables in batches, for 3 minutes either side or until tender. Transfer to a plate and cool for 10 minutes.
- Chop the eggplant and capsicum into pieces the same size as the halved Kumatoes® and scatter all into the centre of a large board. Add the celery, olives, capers, sultanas, parsley and basil.
- To make the dressing combine all the ingredients in a screw top jar with salt and pepper. Shake until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, scatter over the pine nuts, toss gently and serve with chargrilled sourdough.