Smoked Grape Tomato Sorbet
- 3 punnets Grape Tomatoes
- 100 ml water
- 440g sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 500ml vegetable juice
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 200ml fresh orange juice
- 100g Basil leaves to garnish
- Bring 340g sugar and water to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a blender.
- Add 1 punnet grape tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable juice, paprika, Tabasco and salt. Purée till smooth. Strain through a fine sieve. Discard solids.
- Churn liquid in an ice cream machine for 15-20 minutes or until frozen. Transfer to freezer until needed.
- For orange syrup, place remaining 100g sugar and orange juice in a saucepan and simmer till reduced by half. Strain through a fine sieve and chill for 1 hour.
- From remaining punnets, slice grape tomatoes in half lengthwise and half fill 30 shot glasses. Top with a tsp of sorbet and drizzle with orange syrup. Garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve shot glasses with a cocktail fork or spoon.