SOLANATO™ TOMATO MAC N CHEESE
- 2 x 200g Sweet Solanato™ Tomatoes
- 50g butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 cups full cream milk
- pinch salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) grated tasty cheese
- 400g macaroni
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. Lightly grease a 10-cup capacity baking dish.
- Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and garlic in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring until foaming. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Whisk in milk. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the sauce and mix well. Spoon into the prepared dish. Scatter with remaining cheese.
- Combine Solanato™ tomatoes and oil in a bowl. Season. Spoon over the macaroni in the dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and tomatoes soften.